Gut-healing Pea Soup brimming with basil pesto and Parmesan flavour…grab just TEN minutes. your favourite bone broth, and LET’S DO THIS!
- 2 cups bone broth (or chicken or vegetable stock)
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 heaping tbsp basil pesto (jarred is fine)
- 5 tbsp Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 lime
- Sea salt and black or pink pepper, to taste
- Bring bone broth or stock to the boil. Add onion and peas and continue to boil, gently, for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Discard onion quarters.
- In batches, blitz in a food processor or blender, along with basil pesto, Parmesan and lime juice, until you reach desired consistency (I like mine a little chunky!).
- Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste. Add more lime, if necessary. Swirl with a little double cream, if you’re feeling fancy.