I gotta laugh when folks order a pizza for an “easy dinner”. These lil’ naan babes take quicker to put together—and get toasty in the oven—than the time it takes you to place your pizza order and glue yourself to the doorbell. Plus (obvs), they taste so. much. better than the junk-loaded stuff in the box. And they’re fully customisable. And they’re easy on the pocket.
Need more convincing?
Didn’t think so.
Set your timers for ten minutes, load up Netflix, and get ready for the easiest freakin’ pizza night you’ll ever have.
P.S. You can swop out the pepperoni for sliced fresh peppers, tuna, mushrooms, chicken, or any combo you like! For a laidback get-together/ pizza-party, simply prep the naans with the tomato paste and cheeses, and set up a few bowls of different toppings for guests to choose from.Print
Ditch the pizza delivery! This baby takes 10 minutes from start to finish, and tastes wayyyy better than a takeaway! 🍕
- 4 baby naans (or one large)
- 60g (around half a tube) tomato paste
- 200g mozzarella ball
- 200g mild cheddar, grated
- A few slices pepperoni
- 1 tsp dried basil (or oregano)
- A few grinds of black pepper
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Fresh rocket, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Line a large baking tray with unbleached parchment paper.
- Using a pastry brush, spread the tomato paste onto the naans in an even layer.
- Tear off small chunks of mozzarella and dot over naans. Sprinkle over cheddar.
- Place pepperoni slices on top. Add a little more cheddar, if you like.
- Season with herbs and pepper.
- Place in oven and cook for 5-7 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with rocket.