The MOST delicious, speediest Lo Mein recipe in town! Grab your fave stir fry veggies and protein, some kickass soy sauce and let’s get this #noods party started!
- 250g egg noodles, dry
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 200g firm tofu, cut into 1cm (1/2 inch) cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 150g shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 250g pak choy, sliced, or leaves separated (I halved mine just for the purpose of the photos!)
- 200g red bell pepper, sliced
- 250g baby corn, sliced into around 1/2cm (1/4 inch) coins
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 2–3 spring onions (green onion/scallion), thinly sliced
- toasted black sesame seeds, optional
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 9 tablespoons premium soy sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Rinse with cold water after cooking, drain in a colander, and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce ingredients in a small jug. Mix well. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet or wok on high heat. Add the sesame oil. Saute the garlic (do not burn!). Next, throw in the tofu, seasoning with the cumin, paprika and salt.
- Once tofu cubes begin to turn golden, add the shrimp, pak choi, pepper and baby corn. Stir well and stir fry until veg is just tender (not mushy!).
- Add the sauce into the skillet, stir to mix with the ingredients. Transfer the noodles into the skillet, stir thoroughly to coat with sauce and toss well with the ingredients. Garnish the lo mein with grated carrot, black sesame seeds, coriander leaves, and spring onion slivers. Serve immediately.