A creamy green hummus with just a bit of zing; grab the ripest pair of avos, a generous glug of ACV and GET IN.
- 1 garlic bulb
- 400g chickpeas (1 tin), drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp light or dark tahini paste
- Generous swizzle of cold-pressed rapeseed oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 capful of apple cider vinegar (I love this one)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 capful of white wine vinegar
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, stones removed
- Sea salt, to taste
- Dusting of smoked sweet paprika
- Slice the top of the garlic bulb (don’t peel!), brush the cut end with some olive oil, then wrap in foil and bake at 180C/350F/gas mark 4 for around 20 minutes (or until you smell the roasted garlic).
- While the garlic is roasting, rinse the chickpeas, then blend together with tahini, oil, ACV, lemon juice and white wine vinegar. Continue to pulse until smooth and shiny—add more oil if you need.
- Once garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze cloves out into food processor. Add avocados. Blitz until you you’ve got your desired texture.
- Taste. Then add salt. Sprinkle with paprika and drizzle with a little extra oil for gloss.
- Serve with with a load of crunchy veg, hot toast, or just dig in with a giant spoon.