Supremely creamy, simple AF, with a subtle kick. You’ve never tasted a better banana ice cream / nice cream!
- 2 cups frozen banana
- 1 cup coconut cream (250ml)
- 1 x vanilla bean, scraped* (or 1 tsp extract)
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, if not vegan)
- 1–2 tbsp turmeric (powdered spice, root, or both, plus a little extra for sprinkling)
- 1 heaped tablespoon cinnamon, plus a little extra for sprinkling
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- 15 grinds of black pepper mill (more if you want more kick)
- A block or two of 70 percent (or higher—I like 90-100) dark chocolate for the top
- A swizzle of Sweet Freedom Choc Shot (liquid chocolate), optional
- Blitz all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Taste. Add more maple syrup/honey (and salt + pepper) if necessary. Spoon into bowls or glasses. Grind a little extra salt and pepper, and dust a bit more cinnamon and turmeric, over the top. Finely grate over the chocolate. Swizzle over Sweet Freedom liquid chocolate.
- Plunge in a spoon or paper straw. Revel in the salty-sweet paradox.
*Stick your scraped vanilla pod into a jar of granulated white sugar to flavour it for crêpes or French toast.