Who the heck wants plain ol’ nuts and raisin-y granola when you can pimp your own with a #ridic delish flavour party and make it pink??
A quick scroll through my recipes and it’s pretty obvious I have a crush on beetroot.
It’s the pinkest of pink, and has an earthy sweetness waaayy more sophisticated than something simply sugary.
Most importantly, beets are flavour soulmates with my other BFF (best freakin’ flavour): chocolate.
Drink me Chai sent me this little package of magenta magic and my first thought was—besides the prerequisite pink latte—how do I work this flavour into the very beginning of my day, as fast as possible?
And granola, of course, was the answer. As it often is, with seekers of immediate breakfast gratification.
Drink me Chai Beetroot Superblend is a heady mix of beetroot powder, coconut blossom sugar, cacao powder, ginger, and cinnamon.
My Beet and Cacao Latte Granola is an easy-peasy combo of the Superblend powder, along with ingredients you probably already have on your kitchen shelves. The freeze-dried raspberries are totally optional, but do lend a yummy tang to the melange of spicy notes—feel free to swop for fresh berries if you prefer! The cacao nibs are also optional; personally, I can’t do without their crunch (I add them to almost every smoothie and my all-time fave chia pudding, too). Cacao is also a healthier version of chocolate, if that’s your thing–and like I mentioned, chocolate is beetroot’s flavour soulmate.
If you’re unlucky enough to live where Drink me Chai Superblends can’t be found, I got you. Check out the notes section at the end of the recipe for a spice blend breakdown you can make straight from your pantry. WHOOP! 🙌🏻
HOW TO USE YOUR LEFTOVER GRANOLA
In the highly unlikely situation that you have some leftover granola, get creative. Granola is way more than just a cereal—go beyond the bowl of milk and mix it up! Swirl it through yoghurt. Top muffins and pancakes with it. Bake into cookies or eat it straight for a sweet, guilt-free hit.
Another snack-smart way to use up excess is to make these speedy and simple granola chocolate bites.Print
Earthy sweet beets and velvet cocoa notes make the most delish (and pink!) granola! A fast and healthy version of a storebought favourite! 💗
- 1/3 cup Drink me Chai Superblend
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey) honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp food grade rose water
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups puffed rice
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (black or white)
- 2 generous pinches of sea salt
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried raspberries (use fresh, if you prefer)
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs/super-dark chocolate, chopped (or more, according to your preference)
- Flaky salt, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C/ 320 F/ gas mark 3, and line an oven tray with unbleached parchment paper. Heat the Drink me Chai Superblend (or DIY spice blend—see notes), maple syrup/ honey and coconut oil on low, stirring until melted and combined. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, puffed rice, shredded coconut, pecans, chia seeds and salt. Pour over the melted spice mixture and stir well—use your fingers if you need to—until all is well-coated.
- Tip the mix into your tray, spreading evenly. Bake for 6 minutes, then scoop the granola on the perimeter into the centre, spread evenly again, and bake for another 6 minutes. TIP: Don’t be tempted to leave the granola in the oven for longer—it will crisp up once it cools!
- Once thoroughly cooled, stir through freeze-dried raspberries and cacao nibs. Add some flaky salt to the granola, to taste.
- Serve with your favourite milk, or yoghurt.
- The granola can be stored in air tight container for 7-10 days—but you’ll hardly need that long to devour it.
*If you don’t have Drink me Chai Beetroot Superblend, sift together 2 generous tbsp powdered ginger, 2 generous tbsp unsweetened cocoa/ 2 level tbsp cacao powder, 4 generous tbsp beetroot powder and 1 generous tbsp cinnamon.