Earthy sweet beets and velvet cocoa notes make the most delish (and pink!) granola! A fast and healthy version of a storebought favourite! 💗
- 1/3 cup Drink me Chai Superblend
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey) honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp food grade rose water
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups puffed rice
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (black or white)
- 2 generous pinches of sea salt
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried raspberries (use fresh, if you prefer)
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs/super-dark chocolate, chopped (or more, according to your preference)
- Flaky salt, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C/ 320 F/ gas mark 3, and line an oven tray with unbleached parchment paper. Heat the Drink me Chai Superblend (or DIY spice blend—see notes), maple syrup/ honey and coconut oil on low, stirring until melted and combined. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, puffed rice, shredded coconut, pecans, chia seeds and salt. Pour over the melted spice mixture and stir well—use your fingers if you need to—until all is well-coated.
- Tip the mix into your tray, spreading evenly. Bake for 6 minutes, then scoop the granola on the perimeter into the centre, spread evenly again, and bake for another 6 minutes. TIP: Don’t be tempted to leave the granola in the oven for longer—it will crisp up once it cools!
- Once thoroughly cooled, stir through freeze-dried raspberries and cacao nibs. Add some flaky salt to the granola, to taste.
- Serve with your favourite milk, or yoghurt.
- The granola can be stored in air tight container for 7-10 days—but you’ll hardly need that long to devour it.
*If you don’t have Drink me Chai Beetroot Superblend, sift together 2 generous tbsp powdered ginger, 2 generous tbsp unsweetened cocoa/ 2 level tbsp cacao powder, 4 generous tbsp beetroot powder and 1 generous tbsp cinnamon.