Non-chia lovers look away now. It’s about to get serious CHIA CHA-CHA up in here.
I’m bringing you the pinkest of PINK breakfast puddings—*plus* a healthier version of chocolate mousse to swirl alongside and die happy eating.
Now, beetroot isn’t just brilliant because of its funky fuchsia hue. Its earthy sweetness is also a perfect soulmate with deep cocoa flavours, and thus, of course, chocolate.
This morning treat combines the two: beetroot chia and chocolate pudding…Mouth magic in a bowl.
And there’s a secret lil’ summin summin’ I use to create the beetroot part…
Beetroot Superblend by Drink Me Chai, a gorgeous superfood powder mix of beetroot powder, coconut blossom sugar, cacao powder, ginger and cinnamon. BLISS. (Caffeine-free and full of antioxidants, I love the Beetroot Superblend for lattes, granolas, and smoothies, too!)
If you’re unlucky enough to live where Drink me Chai Superblends can’t be found, I got you. In the Ingredients there’s a spice blend breakdown you can make straight from your pantry. WHOOP!
What If My Chia Pudding Is Super Runny?
If your chia pudding doesn’t set, don’t fret. Simply add 2-3 more tablespoons of chia seeds, shake up or stir the mixture, and pop back in the refrigerator. The pudding isn’t meant to be a firm jelly consistency, though—only jelly-ish (more pudding-like) in texture!
For now, let’s grab our swim caps and dive in, shall we?
Please note: this recipe makes enough for at least 4-6 servings, so scale up or down accordingly!Print
Dessert for breakfast?! Only if it’s as healthy—and delicious—as this super pink chia and chocolatey pud’! YUM 💗.
For beetroot chia pudding—
- 8 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Drink Me Chai Beetroot Superblend (or 2tbsp beetroot powder + 1.5 tbsp cinnamon + 1tbsp ground ginger)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 9tbsp chia seeds
For chocolate pudding—
- 2 cups full fat tinned coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice + 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 100g no sugar added dark chocolate chips or chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the beetroot chia pudding, whisk all ingredients together well and leave to set overnight in the refrigerator. Stir mixture halfway and check consistency—add more chia seeds, mix and chill again if desired.
- For the chocolate pudding, heat coconut milk, salt, cocoa powder and maple syrup on low in a saucepan, whisking well. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and 1/2 cup milk until fully combined and add to heated mixture. Bring to the boil and whisk for two minutes. Remove from heat, and add vanilla and chocolate, stirring until melted and combined. Transfer to refrigerator and leave to set overnight.
- Serve puddings together in bowls, with a swirl of soya cream, and 100% raspberry jam if you’re feeling fancy. 💗