Hands up if you’re a sucker for a supersize chai latte. 🤚🏻
Now how ‘bout a supersize bowl o’ chai soft serve, that’s ridic creamy, and just happens to be good for you, too?!
Oh—and did I mention the obscenely gorge 2 minute tahini caramel sauce?
Warning, people. This is straight-up #NSFW content right here.
The famous chai blend started as an ancient king’s concoction—a vivifying Ayurvedic beverage, served hot or cold as a remedy for mild ailments.
I don’t know how successful this spice elixir was as tonic, but I do know that when you add chai flavours to ice cream (or, nice cream), you get something pretty damn close to a cure-all for everything ever. (Disclaimer: I ain’t no doctor, but still.)
My other best thing about this recipe is that it’s a no-churn, no-hanging-around-by-the-freezer ice cream recipe. All you need is a bag of frozen banana slices, and a sturdy food processor. The rest is down to spices, and a dollop of silky tahini paste.
I also use my favourite instant Chia Latte mix from Drink me Chai, an aromatic dream of coconut oil, caramelised sugar, black tea extract and of course, spices. (My recipe then adds a further layer of spice for potency.)
If you’re unlucky enough to live where Drink me Chai can’t be found, I got you. Simply add a little maple syrup/ honey to taste at the end of mixing. The result won’t be as punchy, but it’ll still be DELISH. 🙌🏻
This nice cream is incredibly lush, with the consistency of soft serve. Once you’ve blended, eat up straight away as it can turn into a smoothie fast (which is just as yummy, tho).Print
The CREAMIEST, no-churn vegan ice cream swirled with aromatic spices and drizzled with a 2 minute tahini caramel sauce. HUBBA HUBBA.
- 2 cups thinly sliced frozen banana
- 10 grinds black pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- 1tsp each of: cinnamon, ground cardamom, ground ginger
- 2tbsp-3tbsp tahini (light or dark)
- 4 tsp Drink Me Chai instant spiced chai latte powder*
- 5–6 blocks dark chocolate (I like 70% cocoa solids)
For the tahini caramel sauce—
- 1/4 cup tahini (light or dark)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup / honey
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1–2tbsp coconut oil
- Blend all the ice cream ingredients except the chocolate together in a food processor. If mixture starts to stick to blades of processor, loosen bits with a spatula (scrape down the sides, too) and blitz again until smooth. If you still struggle to get a smooth consistency, add a drop of milk of choice at a time to thin things (but only a drop at a time as this nice cream gets melty fast!). Break chocolate blocks into smaller bits and add to the mixture. Pulse in the processor a couple times until chocolate flecks are incorporated throughout.
- While the nice cream is blending, heat a small saucepan on the lowest stove setting. Add all sauce ingredients, stirring well with a fork until combined. Add more coconut oil if you prefer a thinner sauce consistency. Serve immediately with the nice cream.
*Note: If you don’t have Drink Me Chai latte mix, use any other instant chai mix, or simply add 1-2tbsp maple syrup / honey to the ice cream after mixing.