DIY granola kicks storebought to the dust every time. Ditch your cereal for this deathly delish dark chocolate, freeze-dried raspberry, and sea salt granola.
- 1/3 cup fine, dark cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 heaped tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups puffed rice
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (black or white)
- 2 generous pinches of sea salt
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried raspberries
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs (or more, according to your preference)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C/ 320 F/ gas mark 3, and line an oven tray with unbleached parchment paper. Heat the cocoa, honey, coconut oil and cinnamon on low, stirring until melted and combined. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, puffed rice, shredded coconut, pecans, chia seeds and salt. Pour over the melted chocolate mixture and stir well—use your fingers if you need to—until all is well-coated.
- Tip the mix into your tray, spreading evenly. Bake for 6 minutes, then scoop the granola on the perimeter into the centre, spread evenly again, and bake for another 6 minutes. TIP: Don’t be tempted to leave the granola in the oven for longer—it will crisp up once it cools!
- Once thoroughly cooled, stir through the freeze-dried raspberries, cacao nibs, and chocolate chips.
- Serve with your favourite milk, or an authentic full fat Greek yoghurt.
- The granola can be stored in air tight container for 7-10 days—but you’ll hardly need that long to devour it.