Smoky-sweet and packed with flavour, this creamy, pinktastic Beetroot and Roasted Garlic Hummus is all the things your crudités have ever wanted.
- 1 bulb garlic
- 400 grams chickpeas (tin, drained)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 4 beetroots (peeled, boiled until soft/ vacuum packed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Glug of olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Sea salt, to taste
- Slice the top of the garlic bulb (don’t peel!), brush the cut end with some olive oil, then wrap in foil and bake at 180C/350F/gas mark 4 for around 20 minutes (or until you smell the roasted garlic).
- While the garlic is roasting, rinse the chickpeas, then blend together with tahini and juice of the lemon until smooth.
- Once garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze cloves out into food processor. Add remaining ingredients and blitz until smooth.
- Pour in small swigs of olive oil into mixture until you reach desired consistency, and hummus is glossy.
- Taste-test and add more salt if necessary.
- Dive in.