We’re trying to go more minimalist this Christmas with our gift-giving. It’s taken about 15 years of overspending and wading through landfills of clutter to get here, but we’re here, and…it’s way more fun than I EVER thought it would be.
The ethos behind stripped-back presents (for us, at least) is to only give what will truly be enjoyed and loved.
And who doesn’t freakin’ ENJOY and LOVE hot freakin’ chocolate?? With marshmallows. Sprinkles. Cookies. And extra chocolate?
So this is what we’re doing this year.
Found the *most* Christmassy of all drinking jars and marshmallows at Flying Tiger Copenhagen (if you’ve never been, what are you even doing with your life), added the obligatory gingerbread man, and topped it off with a shower of neon heart sprinkles from my fave sprinkles repository, The Shire Bakery.
Of course, you can load your jars however you want, the only prerequisite being that it tastes brilliant—which these do. Because I tested them…A few times. 😬Print
Make something magic instead buying just another gift—Hot Chocolate Jars filled with everything needed for the most special cuppa cocoa ever! Grab your favourite marshmallows, sprinkles and dipping cookies and let’s get crafty! 🖤
- 3 generously heaped tbsp instant hot chocolate/ hot cocoa
- 3 generously heaped tbsp instant milk powder
- 1 generous tbsp milk chocolate chips
- 1 generous tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 3 generously heaped tbsp mini marshmallows
- 2 large marshmallows
- Sprinkles, for decoration
- Dipping cookie of choice (or two)
- Wash and dry your jar thoroughly before you start.
- Fill jar in this order: instant hot chocolate, instant milk powder, choc chips, marshmallows, sprinkles, cookies (I used gingerbread men for mine).
- Seal jar, attach a tag if you like listing the ingredients and instructions to just add hot water, then place inside a cellophane bag and tie with pretty ribbon. Christmas WON.