A freakin’ beautiful coffee-free latte that just happens to be orange. Earl Grey lovers beware: you may never go back to a normal cuppa again.
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 heaped tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon
- Ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- A small pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup double cream for the for the topping (optional)
- Frother (my favourite is this one)
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup water to a gentle boil. Remove from heat, drop in the tea bag, and let steep for 5 minutes. Take out tea bag.
- Add the almond milk, pumpkin purée, honey, vanilla, spices and salt to the pan. Whisk until well blended.
- Return the mixture back to a gentle heat. In a glass measuring jug, pour the almond milk. Heat on high in the microwave for two minutes. Pour in the double cream. Using the hand-frother, froth the milk mixture into a light but creamy foam*.
- Remove the pumpkin tea blend from the heat, and ladle into a mug (or two tea cups, if you’re sharing). Top with cream foam. Dust with cinnamon.
- Pumpkin bliss.
TIP: If you’re a froth-newbie, try tilting the jug towards you and angling the frother away from you, but keeping submerged in the mixture. Switch on. (If you get sprayed, know that this is a very common part of the frother initiation period. I still get doused from time to time!)