Easy and refreshing summer treats using beautiful flowers from the garden!
- 3/4 cup water, boiling
- 1 cup elderflower cordial
- 1tsp ground ginger
- Juice of one lime
- Small handful fresh mint leaves
- Elderflowers, for decoration*
- Prepare your moulds with popsicle sticks, if necessary.
- Immediately after boiling your water, pour into a large glass jug. Add in remainder of ingredients and stir vigorously, continuously stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Taste and adjust sweetness with more cordial, if needed. Add more ginger, if preferred. (Remember that frozen foods need more flavour as the tastebuds are mildly numbed when eating!)
- Remove mint leaves, stir through a few elderflowers, and then pour liquid into popsicle moulds. Freeze for a few hours until completely solid. Pop out and enjoy!
*Let your collected sprays of elderflowers rest in cool water to allow any insects to escape. After 30 minutes or so, the flowers will also naturally detach from the stems after resting in the water—the stems are toxic, so discard those! (You could also carefully snip the flowers off the stems, but I find this method less fiddly.)