A cosy blend of turmeric, cinnamon and ginger…and a sweet citrus note to make this Fall-flavoured, dairy-free latte sing.
- 2 cups, plus 1/2 cup, almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 ground ginger
- 1 tsp true (Ceylon) cinnamon
- Zest of one large orange
- Honey, or maple syrup, to taste
- To a small saucepan, add 2 cups almond milk, ground turmeric, ground ginger, cinnamon, orange zest and honey/maple syrup (my personal preference is 2 tablespoons of sweetening).
- Whisk while warming over medium heat. Only heat until hot, not boiling. Test with your finger, or at the first sign of a little bubble, remove from stovetop.
- Taste and adjust flavours or sweetening if desired. Divide between two mugs.
- In the same saucepan, pour the remaining 1/2 cup almond milk. Heat on medium until hot. (You can also heat on high in the microwave for two minutes—just watch that it doesn’t boil over.) Remove from heat.
- Using the hand-frother, froth the milk into a light but creamy foam.*
- Ladle foam onto spiced milk mixtures and give a little stir. Dust with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Served best fresh and hot.
* TIP: If you’re a froth-newbie, try tilting the jug towards you and angling the frother away from you, but keeping submerged in the mixture. Switch on. If you get sprayed, know that this is a very common part of the frother initiation period. Practice makes perfect lattes. 😬