A sunshine-y blend of warming spices, maple sweetness and toasty coconut. Just 5 minutes prep time and ridiculous-delicious. The Golden Granola to rule ‘em all.
- 1/3 cup Drink me Chai Turmeric Superblend *
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Zest of large orange
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups puffed rice
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup roughly chopped cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (black or white)
- 2 generous pinches sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or shards
*If making without Drink me Chai Turmeric Superblend:
- 2 tbsp turmeric spice
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp coconut powder (if you can’t find coconut powder, add 6 tbsp shredded coconut to the dry ingredients)
- 1 heaped tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C/ 320 F/ gas mark 3, and line an oven tray with unbleached parchment paper. Heat the Drink me Chai Turmeric Superblend (or DIY spice blend), maple syrup/ honey, coconut oil and orange zest on low, stirring until melted and combined. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, puffed rice, shredded coconut, cashews, chia seeds and salt. Pour over the melted spice mixture and stir well—use your fingers if you need to—until all is well-coated.
- Tip the mix into your tray, spreading evenly. Bake for 6 minutes, then scoop the granola on the perimeter into the centre, spread evenly again, and bake for another 6 minutes. TIP: Don’t be tempted to leave the granola in the oven for longer—it will crisp up once it cools!
- Once thoroughly cooled, stir through chocolate chips or shards if using.
- Serve with your favourite milk, or yoghurt.
- The granola can be stored in air tight container for 7-10 days—but you’ll hardly need that long to devour it.