A simple-to-make and healthy hot chocolate: Lightly spiced, lush with dark chocolate and thick like the traditional Italian version. You’ll wanna make this, like, NOW. 🖤
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk of choice (I usually use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup/ honey
- Pinch sea salt (I like a little more)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 level tbsp dark cocoa
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate, chopped (or around 3 large squares)
- To a small saucepan, add the milk, coconut oil, maple syrup and sea salt. Sift over cinnamon, cocoa and cornstarch, whisking continuously while warming over medium heat. Add chocolate and whisk until melted and combined
- Only heat mixture until hot (not boiling!). Test with your finger, or at the first sign of a little bubble, remove from stove-top.
- Taste and adjust flavours or sweetening if desired. Divide between two mugs.
- Grate a little dark chocolate over the top and dust with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Served best fresh and hot.