A gloriously GREEN, creamy, zesty hummus loaded with fresh herbs and a punchy pinch of pink pepper.
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tbsp dark or light tahini paste
- 1 lemon, unwaxed
- A generous swizzle of extra virgin olive oil, plus a little more for serving
- Sea salt + black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns
- Hunk of fresh tarragon*
- Hunk of fresh flat leaf parsley*
- Hunk of fresh chives*
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then, using a food processor, blend together with garlic, tahini, juice of the lemon, olive oil and seasonings until smooth. Add more olive oil if hummus is not yet silky.
- Chop your herbs into 2cm (around 1inch) hunks and toss into the processor. Blitz until you’re happy with the consistency.
- Taste. Add more herbs, lemon, or seasoning if you require. Spoon into a bowl, drizzle with your swankiest olive oil. Eat with abandon—carrot sticks optional.
*smallish handful – you can always add more at the end!