One-bowl healthy breakfast cake made with almond flour and fresh orange. Soft, moist, and perfect for meal-prep!
- ½ tbsp butter, or coconut oil, for greasing
- 4 large eggs
- just under ½ cup honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice, plus zest
- 1½ cups + 4 tbsp almond flour
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180 C/ 350 F/ Gas Mark 4. Generously grease an 8-inch cake pan or casserole dish with butter or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Then add (whisking between each addition) honey, vanilla, orange juice and zest, almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- Pour batter into greased pan or casserole dish.
- Bake until golden and fragrant, and with a slight spring when touched (around 25 to 35 mins, depending on your oven). NB: If you notice the cake starts to brown before it’s properly baked, loosely cover with foil and continue to bake.
- Cool the cake for at least 20-30 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with thick Greek yoghurt and your favourite berries.