Flourless, fudgy, bite-size peppermint cookie balls! Easy to make, and the best sweet treat for keto, paleo, gluten-free and vegan diets!
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp finely ground almond flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I like dark!)
- icing sugar (confectioner’s sugar) or, if keto, powdered erythritol for dusting, optional
- Preheat oven to 165 C/ 325 F / Gas Mark 3. Line a cookie sheet or baking tray with unbleached parchment paper.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (except choc chips), taking care to break up any clumps of almond flour or cocoa.
- Melt coconut oil on low heat and stir in remainder of wet ingredients. Add wet mixture to dry. Mix well until fully combined.
- Add in choc chips, combining into the dough using your hands. The consistency will be quite wet and sticky, but should hold its shape enough to form small balls. If too wet, refrigerate for a couple hours to firm up.
- Bake for 11 minutes, or slightly longer if you’ve refrigerated the dough. Important: Let cool completely before handling—the cookie balls will firm up as they cool!
- Dust with icing sugar (confectioner’s sugar) or erythritol, if you’re feeling fancy.