A chocolatey, chewy, crunchy and HEALTHY Rice Crispy Treat made with no nasties, and studded with cranberries, banana chips and a zing of orange. Good enough to eat for breakfast. Yummy enough to eat all day.
- 100g banana chips if nut free OR
- 100g pecans (50g of each if you use both)*
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 300g dark chocolate (70% cocoa works best)
- 6 tbsp honey
- 200g puffed rice (not Rice Krispies, which have added sugar)
- 125g dried cranberries/ blueberries/ goji berries/ sour cherries, chopped, or raisins
- Zest of one large orange
- 1 heaped tsp Maldon sea salt flakes, plus more for sprinkling
- Grease (with coconut oil or butter) and line an 18cm square brownie tin with unbleached parchment paper.
- Roughly chop or break pecans and/ or banana chips. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt coconut oil, dark chocolate and honey over a low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the puffed rice, banana chips, pecans, cranberries, orange zest and salt flakes. Pour the chocolate mixture over and stir until everything is thoroughly coated. Pour into brownie tin, spreading out to the corners. Sprinkle a few more sea salt flakes over the top. Refrigerate immediately in the coolest part of the fridge, chilling for 2-4 hours.
- Cut into generous blocks and serve.
*Make your rice crispy treats extra chewy by swopping out the pecans and banana chips for more dried fruit.