A creamy, dreamy oatmeal bowl of fall flavours. Nutty tahini, smoky maple and gorgeous sweet taters…Breakfast BLISS.
- 1 cup rolled oats (GF, if you prefer)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2–3 tbsp maple syrup, plus a little extra, for drizzling
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato flesh, blended into a puree
- 2 tbsp tahini, well-stirred to incorporate any separated oil (light or dark)
- 1/2 cup soaked and toasted pepitas (‘green pumpkin seeds’)—see easy tutorial, here
- Black sesame seeds for sprinkling, optional
- In a small saucepan, use a wooden spoon to stir together oats, almond milk, maple syrup and cinnamon. Simmer on a medium heat, stirring every now and then, until the oats are tender (around 5 or so minutes). Add dashes of more milk if the oats aren’t yet cooked, but the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir through the sweet potato.
- Drizzle with tahini, soya cream, and a little extra maple. Sprinkle lavishly with toasty pepitas and a dusting of black sesame seeds. Serve immediately.