An easy-peasy, colourful brunch, lunch, whenever idea that piles high med veg vibes & creamy hummus on a cute lil’ puff pastry tartlet.
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 175g (around half a tin or jar) chickpeas
- 1tsp garlic powder*
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small handful fresh basil
- 400 g cherry tomatoes on the vine, or mixture of your favourite Mediterranean vegetables
- Handful of kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry, room temperature
- 1 egg, whisked
- 300g (around 1 large tub) of hummus
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 220 C/ 425 F/ Gas Mark 7.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle over garlic powder, oregano, paprika, sea salt and black pepper. Mix to combine then pour out onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for approximately 15-20 minutes. They should look crispy when ready. Set aside.
- Line baking sheet again with parchment paper. Arrange your chosen veg and olives. Drizzle with oil, season with sea salt and black pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While veg is roasting, cut puff pastry sheet into 6 equal portions. Score a half inch (just over a cm) border around each. Poke the centre of each tartlet a few times with a fork to prevent the pastry from over-puffing. Brush tartlets with whisked egg. Add to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once tartlets are baked (they should be golden), remove from oven and immediately spoon generous dollops of hummus into the centre of each. Top with veg, olives, chickpeas, and lemon zest. Tear over fresh basil, and add one last swizzle of olive oil.
- Brunch is ON.
*If using garlic salt, omit sea salt from the chickpea mix.