The BEST hot weather beverage mash-up yet: bubble-tea-meets-iced-coffee-meets-condensed-milk. Get some balls and LET’S DO THIS.
- Ice cubes
- Your favourite coffee, enough brewed for 4 cups
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca pearls
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- Bubble tea straws
- Stash your pre-brewed coffee in the refrigerator to cool completely—a few hours or overnight is best.
- Cook the tapioca pearls according to package instructions. (Don’t boil them until you’re just about ready to serve—they harden fast.) Let cool in a bowl of cold water.
- Transfer and divide tapioca into four empty glasses. Pour in cold coffee.
- In a jug, gently whisk together milk and condensed milk. Divide evenly into coffee glasses (ooh, look how pretty it all swirls!).
- Top with a couple ice cubes, stick in a straw, and serve pronto.
TIP: Don’t be tempted to store any leftover ‘bubbles’; they’ll harden fast into a glutinous, impossible-to-chew disappointment. Only make enough for what you’ll need.
- Category: Drinks