A coffee-free brew swirling with pumpkin and spice, and the citrus tang of Earl Grey. PLUS topped with a foamy crown of sweet cream cheese…is there any better adornment for this gourd-gess iced latte?
- 1 cup water
- 2 Earl Grey tea bags
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 heaped tbsp pumpkin purée (tinned; not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tbsp honey / maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- A small pinch of sea salt
- ice cubes, optional
- Frother (my favourite is this one)
For the cream cheese topping—
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 1/2 tub Philadelphia soft cheese/ full fat soft white cheese (around 90g)
- Pinch salt
- 8 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a gentle boil. Remove from heat, drop in the tea bags, and let steep for 5 minutes. Take out tea bags.
- Add the almond milk, pumpkin purée, honey, vanilla, spices and salt to the pan. Whisk until well blended.
- Let cool and decant into tall glasses. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, until cold.
- Just before serving, whisk together the cream cheese foam ingredients. The consistency should be thin enough to drop easily off a spoon. Using the hand-frother, froth the mixture into a light but creamy foam.*
- Add ice cubes to chilled lattes, if preferred.
- Spoon cream cheese foam over lattes.
TIP: If you’re a froth-newbie, try tilting the jug towards you and keeping the frother submerged in the mixture. Switch on.