It’s your favourite childhood combo made healthy (and more delish!): creamy peanut butter + raspberry chia jam nestled inside salted dark chocolate cups…JOY. 🖤
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 and 1/2 cups dark chocolate, chopped (50-70% tastes the best, IMO)
- 12 level tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or honey)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Sea salt flakes, for dusting
- Mini pretzels and edible gold dust, optional
For the chia jam (use around 1/2 a cup if using naturally sweetened jam)—
- 2 and 1/2 cups berries of choice
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 6 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds.
- Fill a double boiler and place on the lowest heat setting. If using a pot and heat-proof bowl, fill the pot with water and place the larger bowl on top.
- Place half the amount of chopped chocolate along with 1tbsp coconut oil in the double boiler and stir continuously while melting. Once melted, add the remainder of the chocolate and keep stirring. Remove from heat immediately once melted.
- Allow chocolate to cool so that it is barely warm to the touch and thickly coats a spoon. Meanwhile, start on the chia jam, if making.
- Blitz in a food processor or blender the berries, orange juice, 6 tbsp maple syrup/honey.
- Stir through the chia seeds and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour until seeds are plump.
- Once you’ve placed the jam inside the refrigerator, arrange your bonbon/mini muffin cases on a tray. Spoon 1 generous tsp of the chocolate mixture into each case. Then, carefully tip the case onto its side and roll slowly so that chocolate coats all the way up the sides of the case (if it’s not thickly coated, the chocolate isn’t cool enough).
- Place tray of chocolate-covered cases into the refrigerator to set—about 10-15 minutes.
- Next, add the vanilla extract, 2 tsp maple syrup/honey, pinch of sea salt and the remainder of the coconut oil into the peanut butter and stir well.
- Remove chocolate cups and chia jam from refrigerator. Check that both are ready.
- Fill each chocolate cup with 1 generous tsp of peanut butter mixture, and 1 tsp of chia/store-bought jam (remember that you need to leave space for the chocolate topping). Push peanut butter and jam gently into cup with spoon to fill the space.
- If the remainder of your chocolate has set, simply reheat on a low setting as before. Once ready, spoon one tsp over the top of each cup and gently smooth with the back of a spoon to fill any gaps.
- Sprinkle a few sea salt flakes over the chocolate cups, gently set a mini pretzel into the top, and dust over the edible gold powder (optional).
- Place cups back into the refrigerator to set—around 10-15 minutes. Store in freezer for maximum fudge-y consistency.