The perfect paleo peanut butter and choc chip cookie! Flourless, ready in minutes, and loooaded with comfy, toffee-esque flavours…
- 3/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter, stirred well
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- Flaky sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 180C/ 350F/Gas Mark 4. Line two baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add peanut butter, sugar, egg and baking soda. Mix well. Stir in half the choc chips and use your hands to incorporate throughout the dough.
- You can use a 1 ½ tbsp cookie scooper, or simply your hands, to form balls of dough, spacing evenly, but staggered (so when they spread, they don’t stick together), onto the baking sheets.
- Dot the tops of the cookie dough balls with the remaining choc chips, as in the picture.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes, until fragrant and juuuust starting to lightly brown on the edges.
- Sprinkle cookies with flaky sea salt and leave to cool and firm up completely before eating.