Crunchy, sweet, and zingy—let’s level-up your summer salad into something SPECTACULAR with cucumber, garlic, lemon and honey.
- 1 large cucumber, spiralised into noodles
- Pinch sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- Juice of a lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil (rapeseed is good, too, for a milder flavour)
- 1 fat clove garlic, minced
- Small handful fresh mint leaves
- 3 generous tsp Manuka honey (plain is also ok)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place your cucumber in a sieve and press firmly to strain any water. Add pinch of salt and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- While cucumber is draining, briskly mix together all dressing ingredients with a fork. Taste. Add salt, or more pepper, according to preference.
- Finally, squeeze cucumber again to drain remaining liquid and pat dry with a clean tea towel or paper towel. Pour over dressing, massaging in with fingers.