A simple summer salad loaded with bright flavours and the goodness of green veg!
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, dry ends trimmed
- 70g prosciutto
- 1 lemon, unwaxed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 50g feta cheese
- Pinch flaky sea salt
- Handful pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- Blanch broccoli by adding to a pot of boiling water for approximately 2-5 minutes (keep tasting to check desired crunch), then drain and plunge into bowl of ice cold water.
- While broccoli is cooling, grate the zest of the lemon and set aside. Then squeeze the juice into a small bowl and mix with olive oil. Set aside.
- Remove broccoli from ice bath with tongs or a slotted spoon, and pat dry with a clean tea towel. Arrange on a platter.
- Tear off ribbon lengths of prosciutto and draped over broccoli.
- Crumble over feta cheese.
- Pour over dressing.
- Heat a skillet or small pan on medium-high heat and toss in the pepitas. Keep shimmying until pepitas become fragrant, golden, and begin to ‘pop’. Remove from heat immediately and sprinkle over salad.
- Season everything with flaky sea salt to taste, and top with lemon zest.